Monday, September 21, 2009

Happy Fall!

Fall is in the air! We haven't had super cool weather yet, but Sunday's temps were really nice! We have already made it to an Auburn football game, (I will post pictures of that day soon). And, of course, mums are out and so I couldn't resist! I've been wanting to make our front entrance warm and inviting for some time, but knew that the seasons would be changing soon, so I put it off until fall...my favorite time of the year! Believe it or not I was able to do all of this for a very reasonable price...this is definitely the time of year to buy planters and plants that are more summer hardy (all on clearance!). I will just have to make sure when the really cold weather comes to get them inside. I also was able to get my arrangement on my door for WAY less than had I done it myself...another great Walmart find! It had some purple flowers in it that did not go at all so I took them out and replaced them with 3 picks that had fruit, gourds and berries on them that were also very cheap! I am very pleased! Now all I need is a pumpkin or 2 on my steps...I will wait until October for those. :) Happy Fall Y'all!!!
















2 comments:

The Hall's said...

That looks great! Love the wreath! It is finally cool here today! Not sure how long it will last but I will take it while it is here.

Love you!

JGWmom said...

Thank you!!! I know...I saw where y'alls temps were going to be in the 60's for highs and in the 50's for lows and I'm jealous! Sunday was really nice, but then it rained late afternoon and it became sticky again. I cannot get over the rain in GA!
Love You, too! :)
P.S. I got my hair done today...I love it...Melissa did it. She IS really sweet! Rhonda went with me...she'll have to tell you her hair story...I'm glad she went though, we had a good time! Made me miss you! :)