Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Vacation 2008 - "Fun at the Beach"

On Friday, 7/25, of our vacation we took a trip down to the beach at Gulf Shores, Alabama. In our recent past we've always stayed a few days down there actually in Orange Beach at our family's condo, but they sold it this year. (We miss it but count it a blessing to have been able to have had that opportunity for so many years past!) On this trip we got to see and utilize the newly rebuilt Gulf State Park pavilion. It is really nice with indoor showers and bathrooms, plus a snack bar and covered picnic area. Very Nice! We had a great time as can be seen in the pictures of this slide show. Graham I think had the best time. He loved the water and the water was exceptionally nice! (Clear, no seaweed and not but a couple of jellyfish sightings) Wesley did not like the water and I wish I had remembered our pails, because last year that was his favorite way to enjoy the water - pouring the water from one pail to the other. He did enjoy playing with his trucks and ninja turtles in the sand, though. Justus and Richard played football and rode waves. I laid out in the sun and played with the boys. I also have a great video of this day that I will try to post later when I figure out how to do so. Overall we had a great day as a family! (I think I got my beach "fix" for a while anyway!)

6 comments:

The Hall's said...

You just HAD to go and post some beach pics didn't you! Ha! Glad you had a good time! We didn't go at all this year and I need a beach fix!!! I can just hear the waves and taste the seafood!!! Good thing you didn't have a lot of seafood. I hear Destin has a lot this year.

Rebecca said...

I agree with Cameron Completely! Oh how I miss the beach! The sound of the waves, sand in between my toes, the sun on my face......okay, I feel "ill" lol

The Hall's said...

I just realized reading back over this that I said "good thing you didn't have a lot of seafood" I meant to say "seaweed". Ha! Hello-I am sure Destin does have a lot of seafood this year! I am crazy!!!

JGWmom said...

Well, you are crazy, but I won't hold it against ya! LOL-just kidding! I figured out what you were trying to say because my sister-in-law had just been there and told us about it. I was worried before we went, but there wasn't any in Gulf Shores. Yeah, TOO MUCH seafood does not exist in my vocabulary!! LOL

I wish there was a beach close enough for us gals to have a beach get away! We could have so much fun together! Y'all just need to pray now that the Lord leads your men to a church by the beach so we can have such an adventure! I tried to tell Richard that I REALLY felt the Lord leading us to the beach(before we came here), but he just didn't hear that same call - LOL! So it's up to y'all!
Love Y'all!!!

Munchkins and Music said...

I wish we had better weather up here in Alaska so we could swim in our beach water! Looks fun.:)

JGWmom said...

Oh, I would love to visit Alaska! We do have beautiful beaches in Alabama, at least on the Florida side of Mobile Bay! I feel blessed to have grown up there and to be able to go back and visit. Thanks for visiting my blog! :)