Thursday, February 5, 2009

Much Prayer Needed

Well, today I have 2 going to the doctor and 1 who probably needs to, but I'm not sure he will go. Justus has been complaining for over a week about his ear (his "bad" one) bothering him. I would not be concerned because this does happen from time to time and we go and have it cleaned out by the ENT and then he's OK for usually about 6 months. It can be more often in warmer months. My concern this time is that it has only been 3 months and it's winter (no swimming to speed up the process). So, my first prayer request is for him and that specifically there will not be any cholesteatoma in the ear that cannot be removed by cleaning...in other words that it will not need surgical removal.

Secondly, Wesley is going back to the doctor today for the 2nd time in 3 weeks. He and Graham went 3 weeks ago for really bad colds. The antibiotics and steroid really cleared them both up, but now he has a full blown cold again...started with croupy cough, then constant productive cough, very stuffy and runny nose with thick mucus and now fever, too. He's just miserable. It's frustrating because he is the one who gets the least exposure to others. Also, last time they told us that Wesley's ears were red and that one of his tonsils was swollen, so I don't want to take any chances...thus the appointment for him today.

Graham's eyes looked bad last night, but the mountain cedar pollen has been high and he did not get his Zyrtec the night before because we ran out. With high winds forecast for today and tomorrow(this magnifies the pollen problem), we may be back to the doctor with him before the end of the week. Please pray for them both to clear up and stay cleared up. This mama is getting weary!

My last request is for Richard. He told me last night that he has had a nodule in his throat for several days and it seems to be getting worse...very sore and looks infected when he looks down into his throat at it. He said he may need to go to the doctor, too. When he mentions doctor, then I know it's not good because he usually just doesn't go. Of course my thoughts are going to the worst possible scenario...him being a preacher and having a nodule in his throat...I've heard of things like this before. Please pray for healing and for this to not be the serious issue that it could be. Please pray for me to be able to get our house completely sanitized...Lysol and Clorox are my friends!!! I know that the Lord is capable and faithful to meet our every need! I am asking you all to go to Him in agreement with me to ask for His continued provision and protection!!! Thank you!!!

Psalm 103:1-3 "Praise the Lord, I tell myself; with my whole heart, I will praise His holy name. Praise the Lord, I tell myself, and never forget the good things He does for me. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases." (NLT)

2 comments:

The Hall's said...

We will be praying.

Love you!

Rebecca said...

You certainly go through a lot. I am praying for you! Love you!